File type error: Subtitles vs SubRip

I am working on an EN->JP subtitle project that seems to have been created using the file type "SubRip v 1.0.0.0".

However, I cannot find this file type in my Trados Studio 2024 (version 18.0.0.1013) on Windows 11 Home (Japanese).

The only subtitle file type listed under Options - File Types is "Subtitles v 1.0.0.0".

Because of this, I am unable to use the "Save Target As" function to create a .srt file to verify my translations.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Matsui

emoji
Parents
  •  

So, you have received a project from someone else that was created in an older version of Trados Studio still using the old SRT filetype?  That is most likely the source of your problem.

"Subtitles v 1.0.0.0" can handle SRT files as well as many others, but since you didn't create the SDLXLIFF as part of the project creation you won't be able to save the target.  All you can do here is send the completed sdlxliff file back to your customer, and they will be able to save the target.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

So, you have received a project from someone else that was created in an older version of Trados Studio still using the old SRT filetype?  That is most likely the source of your problem.

"Subtitles v 1.0.0.0" can handle SRT files as well as many others, but since you didn't create the SDLXLIFF as part of the project creation you won't be able to save the target.  All you can do here is send the completed sdlxliff file back to your customer, and they will be able to save the target.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children