Demo: Business Manager Lite

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite is designed to help you manage your translation business tasks by providing a complete invoicing and quoting system for translators.

This video will show you how Business Manager Lite can be used to...

- Create and print invoices and quotes
- Allocate time to invoices using the built-in time tracker
- Customize invoices and quotes using the template designer
- Generate reports using the convenient dashboard

All within Studio 2019!

6026 views 1514 downloads
Parents
  • Hi Lennert, I understand from the video that it is possible to use Business Manager to log and manage projects not handled via SDL Studio 2019. However, it does not explain how. I was trying to test the tool for first time to see if it is worth for me to migrate from my current management tool, but I do have quite a lot of work which is not done via Studio 2019, and I want to handle all my project management tasks (both using SDL Studio 2019 and other translation tools) in one management tool only. From my test so far, I have three questions:

1- How do you set up language pairs for projects that are not initiated via Studio 2019? When I try to add a language or language pair line, I do not get any values or data to use or drop-down menu to pull from, and if I type languages or languages codes, they do not get saved. It seems that by default languages only show if configured as part of a SDL Studio 2019 project or single file. Is that right?

2- What is the usage of "term" and "factor" ? How can I enter log date, due date and delivery date, which may be different? Can I enter contacts for each customer so that the name of my PM appears in the invoice?

3- Is there a specific line to enter the PO for a particular project without having to create a quote? 

Thanks in advance,

Gemma

Comment
  • Hi Lennert, I understand from the video that it is possible to use Business Manager to log and manage projects not handled via SDL Studio 2019. However, it does not explain how. I was trying to test the tool for first time to see if it is worth for me to migrate from my current management tool, but I do have quite a lot of work which is not done via Studio 2019, and I want to handle all my project management tasks (both using SDL Studio 2019 and other translation tools) in one management tool only. From my test so far, I have three questions:

1- How do you set up language pairs for projects that are not initiated via Studio 2019? When I try to add a language or language pair line, I do not get any values or data to use or drop-down menu to pull from, and if I type languages or languages codes, they do not get saved. It seems that by default languages only show if configured as part of a SDL Studio 2019 project or single file. Is that right?

2- What is the usage of "term" and "factor" ? How can I enter log date, due date and delivery date, which may be different? Can I enter contacts for each customer so that the name of my PM appears in the invoice?

3- Is there a specific line to enter the PO for a particular project without having to create a quote? 

Thanks in advance,

Gemma

Children