Entities settings for AEM XML

Hi!

We received feedback from a customer with TMS & AEM connector set up, regarding issues with " " and " ". Their XML files contain both of these escape sequences and the issues related to that are the following:

• their system produces errors importing translated XML files if our translation failed to preserves " ". i.e. " " causes import errors.
  • our translation is displayed with " " on their website when we deliver translated XML files with " " i.e. sometimes translation needs to contain " " NOT  " to render correctly on their website.

Have you come across issues such as these with AEM connector? Do you have any suggestions to the customer? I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,

Naoko

Parents Reply
  • Hi 

I learned today from my coworker, who was working with a client with Clay Tablet connector, that the following setting on the connector side is a possible solution. I don't remember the details of how my client from my original post resolved the issue, but I would guess that this might be it. I hope this is helpful.

Changing the Use_CData setting from its default value of false to true. This setting instructs the Connector to wrap content in CData tags, which prevents the Connector from escaping special characters, and avoids the scenario of double-escaped characters. However, this setting does not prevent Adobe Experience Manager from single-escaping special characters in rich text.

Note: The Connector adds and removes the CData tags, so they are not displayed within Adobe Experience Manager's CRXDE Lite.

Important: If you change this setting, your translators must return the translated content in CData tags, just as they received the source content in CData tags. They should not run any post-translation scripts to escape the special characters before returning the content.

Warning: If you change this setting in the middle of a translation job, it can interfere with the integrity of the translation memory.

Children