Good way to compare versions of a publication?

I want to get a report on the differences between one version of a publication and another version of the same publication. The idea is to get a list of the topics that have changed, so we can tell the user where to look. It does not seem to work to select a version and do Object > Compare in Publication Manager.

I have used ISHRemote quite a bit and I figured there is something in there I can use to do this comparison. Any ideas?

Using Tridion Docs 14, ISHRemote 0.13.0.

Thanks,

Mark

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Mark,

This functionality is available in the Tridion Docs webclient.
    In the repository view you have a report option on the version level of the publication where you can run this type of overview.

Steps:

1/ Logon to the Tridion Docs webclient
    2/ Navigate towards the repository tabsheet
    3/ Select the publication version from which you would like to trigger the comparison
    4/ Click the 'reports' button (on the version level buttonbar)
    5/ Select the version to be compared against in the dropdown with the label 'Compare current version with version'
    6/ Click the 'Ok' button

This will generate the overview marking which topics have been changed/added or deleted.

If you want to rebuild this in ISHRemote you can do so by:
    1/ Query for the baseline of the current publication version
    2/ Query for the baseline of the publication version be compare with
    3/ Compare both baselines in memory identifying the changes/additions and deletions
    4/ Report out on the finding of step 3

Kind Regards,

Raf

emoji
  • Hi Mark,

This functionality is available in the Tridion Docs webclient.
    In the repository view you have a report option on the version level of the publication where you can run this type of overview.

Steps:

1/ Logon to the Tridion Docs webclient
    2/ Navigate towards the repository tabsheet
    3/ Select the publication version from which you would like to trigger the comparison
    4/ Click the 'reports' button (on the version level buttonbar)
    5/ Select the version to be compared against in the dropdown with the label 'Compare current version with version'
    6/ Click the 'Ok' button

This will generate the overview marking which topics have been changed/added or deleted.

If you want to rebuild this in ISHRemote you can do so by:
    1/ Query for the baseline of the current publication version
    2/ Query for the baseline of the publication version be compare with
    3/ Compare both baselines in memory identifying the changes/additions and deletions
    4/ Report out on the finding of step 3

Kind Regards,

Raf

emoji
Children