This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Possibility to release a session of only one user in license server manager

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    It would be very helpful, to be able to release a session of only one user in the license server manager. If, for example, Passolo crashed on a users PC, one isn't able to restart Passolo and continue with working because the license is locked for about...
  • Possibility of using glossaries during pretranslation

• 1 Comment
    Hello, we're using the pretranslation function of Passolo with some translation ad-ins and we've some glossaries as well as a MultiTerm database connected, too. In the MultiTerm database as well as in some glossaries, forbidden terms/words are stored...
  • Use History for Pretranslation

• 2 Comments
    Minor changes in strings cause the string to appear fully untranslated. Minor changes are for example changes in punctuation: "Hello. This is an example." --> "Hello ! This is an example." Since the string is changed and not deleted, i.e., not added...
  • Add sort to Check results

• 0 Comments
    Hello, when reviewing / checking after translation, I would welcome the possibility to sort errors by type - it would increase productivity of the task. Thanks
  • Dark mode for Passolo

• 0 Comments
    Why in Passolo 2016 I can't set up dark background for translation Windows? Do you know how eye-straining is, when I have to sit for 15 h and stare at so bright colors? In Passolo 2015 background was adapted to system colors - and because my color scheme...
  • Include handling of JSON files which start with an Array into built-in JSON parser

• 3 Comments
    SDL support provided a workaround consisting in adding a root element manually to a JSON source file starting with an array since the built-in JSON parser cannot currently handle such JSON files. The workaround is fine but maybe enhancing the JSON parser...
  • Show number of occurrences in the Pre-translation dialog

• 1 Comment
    When pre-translating strings it would be a great help to know how many times each suggested translation is used. This will give a quick hint as to which alternative translation would be the most relevant to choose. See screenshot below for suggested...
  • Make "Find All" button the default // more prominent than "Find (next) button"

• 2 Comments
    When translators and proofreaders use Passolo, most of them tend to click the "Find" button instead of "Find all" button. This is due to the fact that the button is located right next to the search field where one enters the word to be searched. Actually...
  • .NET parser setting to be able to select the translation file encoding

• 1 Comment
    We receive .resx files with "UTF-8" encoding, but when Passolo generates the localized target files the files are encoded "UTF-8 with BOM". Can we have a setting in Passolo that would allow us to change the encoding of the target file?
  • Batch Mode - Silent mode

• 0 Comments
    It should be possible to run Passolo in silent mode when it runs in batch mode. In other words, it should work without showing the UI - just like any other console application would do. That would facilitate true automation, e.g. continuous deployment...