This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Search and replace option of source segments

• New on
    • 0 Comments
    I haven't found any similar requests between the ideas submitted, although I can't imagine being the first to think of this. We work on source texts which often contain errors (due to lack of time and attention). If we leave the source as it is and make...
  • Client version check

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 0 Comments
    It would be highly useful to see the Studio client version of each user connecting to GroupShare (or to display it in separate column on users' list). Obviously the version would only update upon connection, but even "last known client version" would...
  • Database encryption

• New on
    • 0 Comments
    GroupShare creates a new database whenever a container is added. We would welcome a native option to encrypt them from the get-go. At the moment, we rely on scheduled scripts that leave new databases unencrypted for a period of time, which poses a security...
  • GS Web UI: Move translation resource between organizations

• 1 Comment
    This functionlity was here with version GS 2015. For some reason it is missing in GS 2017 and GS 2020. Such simple function could make GS live easier and it is gone. Please bring back this functionality.
  • Groupshare "health check" and alerting

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 0 Comments
    Instead of checking processes and logifiles on the Groupshare server when users already report certain issues, I would like to haven an alerting system that notifies me when certain conditions take place that might lead to such an event or failure. ...
  • Automatic "Cancel check-out" after running certain administrative tasks

• Under Community Review on
    • 2 Comments
    Certain administrative tasks such as Word Count or WIP report require the checking out of the files to perform them. Once the task has been run, all files need to be checked back in to GroupShare manually language by language. This is tedious and error...
  • All GroupShare resources/content to be downloaded via Web UI

• 0 Comments
    Hi! Right now, it’s not possible to easily download resources. Terminology databases cannot be downloaded via Web UI at all (except there is MTO available). User friendliness could be improved by making them available as downloads (e.g. as...
  • GS - Notify all users in active projects

• 0 Comments
    With new GS CU's, which require server downtime, I think every administrator or PM would greatly appreciate a feature where he / she could send »system notification mail« to users with work in progress. What exactly do I mean. The first option...
  • Exporting and importing Groupshare TMs

• 1 Comment
    We do have several groupshare TMs with the number of language combination TMs higher than 50. Sometimes those TMs get corrupted or we want different general settings. In that case so far, we have to export each language TM manually (do this more than...
  • Enhancement request - automatically assign phases to checked in files when already into the template parameters

• 0 Comments
    Dear colleagues Here María speaking from Zesauro Traducciones in Spain. Hope you are all doing fine. We have been recently starting working on GS and we have created all the necessary templates. The publishing step is pretty new to us but for projects...