Under Community Review

Conditional Machine Translation Option

Hi, there.

Although the accuracy of machine translation is improving day by day, it is unlikely that the number of translation errors will be zero in the near future.

Based on the observation that the longer the source text, the more complex it becomes and the less accurate the translation, we would like to have an additional option when applying machine translation in batch translation to apply machine translation only when the source text length is below a certain threshold and leave the field blank when it is longer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Parents
  • I think that it could also be the other way round, that is that with excessively short segments the translation by MT is not as accurate, at least with some languages, for example because of the lack of propositions and articles. Should this proposal become a future functionality, I would say that it would be more useful if you could specify the threshold BELOW and/or OVER which MT should not be applied, thus leaving to the linguist/PM the opportunity to fine tune the behaviour of MT.

Comment
  • I think that it could also be the other way round, that is that with excessively short segments the translation by MT is not as accurate, at least with some languages, for example because of the lack of propositions and articles. Should this proposal become a future functionality, I would say that it would be more useful if you could specify the threshold BELOW and/or OVER which MT should not be applied, thus leaving to the linguist/PM the opportunity to fine tune the behaviour of MT.

Children
No Data