Under Community Review

Thanks  for logging this - could you perhaps see if you can provide this case in English also? This would make it easier to handle for us and also to vote on for other users potentially. Thanks!

ターゲットファイルに余計なDITAタグを追加しない様にして頂けないでしょうか。 Please don't add extra DITA tags in a target file.

Trados Studioで以下のDITA形式の和文を翻訳して英文版を作成し、xmlファイルを出力すると、元の和文ソースには無かった<menucascade></menucascade>のタグが追加されます。

●和文

<cmd><menucascade>
<uicontrol>システムとセキュリティ</uicontrol>
<uicontrol>Windowsファイアウォール</uicontrol></menucascade>を選択してください。
</cmd>

●英文

<cmd>Select
<menucascade>
<uicontrol>System and Security</uicontrol>
<uicontrol>Windows Firewall</uicontrol></menucascade>.
</cmd>

●出力された英文xmlファイル(余計なmenucascadeタグが追加される)

<cmd><menucascade></menucascade>Select
<menucascade>
<uicontrol>System and Security</uicontrol>
<uicontrol>Windows Firewall</uicontrol></menucascade>.
</cmd>

テクニカルサポートからのご回答を頂きましたが、こちらは仕様とのご説明でした。

以下の理由でこの仕様はおかしいのではないかと感じ、ご意見させていただいています。

1. 中身が空の<menucascade></menucascade>というタグの使い方はDITAの文法違反であり、Tradosを使うと文法違反のソースが出力されるという仕様は疑問に感じる。

2. オリジナルのタグの数と合わなくなる。(DITAで翻訳する際は、ソースとターゲットのタグの数を一致させるのが常識と思います。Tradosを使うとターゲットのタグ数が増減するという動作はおかしいです。)

3. 和文が動詞節を後置しても、英文は動詞を先頭に配置する訳が自然であり、この対訳が正しく出力できるよう考慮してしかるべきと感じる。

是非、この仕様の改善をお願いします。

Parents
  • Although this is a bit beyond my ken, I endorse the principle enunciated by Naomi that the number of tags in the target segments should match the number of tags in the source. That is, unless there is some special feature of DITA formatting that compels otherwise.

With kind regards to you all,

Adam Warren.

Comment
  • Although this is a bit beyond my ken, I endorse the principle enunciated by Naomi that the number of tags in the target segments should match the number of tags in the source. That is, unless there is some special feature of DITA formatting that compels otherwise.

With kind regards to you all,

Adam Warren.

Children
No Data