Under Community Review

Full editing of source segments

I came across an issue recently translating a document. The customer had badly DTPed the source file.

I had to capitalized the source segment and SDL Studio does not have this function. This would be a PLUS point, being able to edit FULLY source segments..

Parents Comment Children
  • Shift+F3 (cycle through caps) does not seem to be available for source segments. It's best to do such changes outside Studio in the originating environment (e.g. MS Word) but it might also be interesting to enhance source editing to make such commands available. 

• exactly and this is why I think this should be an improvement because when you translated 26000 words and you have to redo it all...It is rather time wasting and not my type of operation...Do not have this time to waste to be honest

• very simple... The customer made a mistake in the original and did not capitalize a couple of words...When I tried to capitalized them in the source segment, like you capitalize any word in a segment using my F3 key, I could not. I then log a case and The tech person told me this was not possible unless editing the original file (so redoing all the work) and that I should log an idea in the community. Daniel Brockmann underneath got my point