Idea Delivered

This idea has now been fully delivered with Trados Studio 2022 SR1. You now have the choice between a progress bar based on words and/or segments. See release notes for more information.

Please go back to Progress Bar focusing on words not segments

Parents
  • I do not understand. 
    I still have my statistics and progress bar showing words...

•  

They are talking about this one:

It was changed because it used to take no account of empty segments or tag only segments.  It was purely based on wordcount.  This was actually a bug, but for these users it was a "good bug" as they used it for something that wasn't intended in the first place.  Today it's based on segments instead so you have some idea if anything is missed at a glance.

In my opinion, as I showed above and as you have also shown, you have exactly what these users are asking for already there so I would not change it back.  But it's a product management decision, not mine.

Comment
  •  

They are talking about this one:

It was changed because it used to take no account of empty segments or tag only segments.  It was purely based on wordcount.  This was actually a bug, but for these users it was a "good bug" as they used it for something that wasn't intended in the first place.  Today it's based on segments instead so you have some idea if anything is missed at a glance.

In my opinion, as I showed above and as you have also shown, you have exactly what these users are asking for already there so I would not change it back.  But it's a product management decision, not mine.

Children
No Data