This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Use the old Workbench style for presenting translation results

• In Progress on
    • 7 Comments
    When working with Workbench, it was more than easy to distinguish, if the segment you see will deliver you the expected results. The more yellow and blue in the segment, the faster you could see, that you need to write it anew. In case of gray, sometimes...
  • Multilingual Excel File Type

• Under Community Review on
    • 5 Comments
    The introduction of the Bilingual Excel File Type was a huge leap forward! But customers often require the translation in Excel to several languages, often including some translations already. In this case either you create an individual project for...
  • Simplify adding new files to an existing project

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 1 Comment
    Many users get confused when they need to add new files to an existing project. Switching the language to source language, running the Prepare for translation batch task etc. This really should be a one click operation (maybe with tiny option to run the...
  • Add Word Count as Column in the Projects View

• 0 Comments
    Word counts are only visible in the e.g. the Confirmation Statistics and some of the other view parts that are typically below the Projects list. I suggest making the Project's total source word count an additional, optional, column that you could add...
  • View context of TM and Concordance Search results

• 2 Comments
    I would like to be able to view the context of my TM and Concordance Search results . This would improve its use. There are several reasons for this: The same sentence can be translated differently because of its context. I often join very short...
  • Drag and drop, source to target

• 4 Comments
    As mentioned elsewhere in the SDL Community, it is highly desirable to be able to use the mouse to select text on the source side of Studio Editor and drag it to a specific point in the target text, thus copying it to that point. This functionality has...
  • Intelligent merging of text snippets - smarter segmentation engine

• 0 Comments
    See https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/subtitling/33803/segmentation-in-subtitling-plugin-app for what initiated this idea. Basically, there are translation scenarios where sentences are broken down into snippets, that...
  • Make default quality check setting available in project templates

• 0 Comments
    At the beginning of project creation I have the possibility to force quality check when finalizing the project. This setting however is not available in the project template editor, and can only be changed by updating the template from an existing project...
  • Search for Duplicates

• 0 Comments
    Context: Serverbased TM At the moment it is not possible to find any information on how many duplicates in your TM exist as only one duplicate at a time can be displayed in the TM Editor View. Furthermore, the only search mechanism available to find...
  • Searching for specific tag types

• 4 Comments
    Hello. It would be great if there was added functionality in Studio to search for specific tags. I'd like to search for, and add QA checks for, missing spaces around conref tags in DITA files. Thanks Luke