This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Export of comments to Excel file

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 6 Comments
    It would be really helpful to be able to export all comments you add in the editor during translation so as to send them all to the customer for review. Currently, I still have to make a separate file with my comments or write them in an e-mail.
  • Avoid concatenation when performing Concordance for text across several segments

• Under Community Review on
    • 1 Comment
    Good morning, In a recent project, some segments have been splitted with a hard return. In instances like: If I select the text for seg. 247+248 and perform a Concordance search, the text being looked up in TM concatenates and reads " Maintenance...
  • Add a negation option to filetypes that support the use of regex

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 3 Comments
    Refer to this thread as an example: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/171/p/21196/73595#73595 Sometimes the regular expression you need to create to tag the non-translatable content can be very complex. For example...
  • Please make optional whether Find & Replace window is always on top or NOT

• 3 Comments
    Hi, I have noticed that in the Studio 2022 version, the Find & Replace windows stays always on top, even when switching to completely other programs (websites, PDFs etc.), which is extremely annoying! There is no need for it to still stay on top over...
  • XLIFF file type filter | Addition of option to enable/disable "Retain Studio target comments in the target file"

• 2 Comments
    The XLIFF file type filter is by default retaining any translator comment in the generated target file which is not always desirable and resulted in a client complaint due an import failure when the translator's comments were retained in the delivered...
  • Enhancemens to TM view

• 1 Comment
    These enhancements to TM view should help users perform TM maintenance more efficiently: When Show Whitespace Characters is enabled in Editor, both half-width spaces ( ) and full-width spaces (   ) are represented by similar centered dots, making...
  • Searching for specific tag types

• 4 Comments
    Hello. It would be great if there was added functionality in Studio to search for specific tags. I'd like to search for, and add QA checks for, missing spaces around conref tags in DITA files. Thanks Luke
  • Accessing to comments when right-clicking on an irregular word

• 5 Comments
    Hi Group, Studio generally allows to access and edit an existing comment by right-clicking on one of the commented words, through an "Edit comment" popup menu option (Modifier le commentaire in French): Unfortunately, it does not work when you right...
  • Searching for the right ideas

• 0 Comments
    Is it possible to search for ideas by subject? I can't find a search button or field on this webpage. I’d like to submit some ideas, but it might be good to go through the current stack of 438 ideas to see if certain ideas have already been submitted...
  • Two small upgrades to upLIFT fuzzy repair

• 0 Comments
    Last week I had a chance to see upLIFT fuzzy repair in a real-life scenario of a large localization project. Even though it often fails for languages with inflection, there is one tiny upgrade to it, which could save just a little bit of time: checking...