This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Move down the right tabs in the Editor

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 1 Comment
    When you want to close the translation file in the EDITOR or File View by clicking on x on the right side near the tabs such as Useful Tips, Preview etc. the window of the tab near the x button for closing the file opens if you move the mouse too far...
  • Moving QuickInsert from "FileType"...

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    Hi, So far, QuickInsert functionality is defined separately for each file type, which is ok, but it may create problems, when the respective filter does not allow you to define QuickInsert at all, for whatever reason. For ex., the current version of...
  • Merge previously merged segments

• 1 Comment
    Dear development team I would appreciate the option to merge a segment with another segment that has already been merged before: Segments 152 to 155 = 1 sentence: When you merge segments 152 and 153, the remaining two segments (154 and 155)...
  • Add "Sentence case" to "Change Case" feature

• 1 Comment
    Under Advanced -> Change Case you can change the case of highlighted text in various ways. The one very useful option that's missing is "Sentence case", i.e. making everything lower case and the first letter upper case.
  • XML filter - A new setting request for ignore/skip a specific section of the DOCTYPE declaration

• 2 Comments
    When creating a new TRADOS project for an XML file as a source, I would like a setting that ignores the DOCTYPE declaration at the top of the source file, such as below. ========================== <!DOCTYPE view [ <!ENTITY mdash "&#x2014;"> <...
  • Count affected TUs before batch editing TMs

• 0 Comments
    Batch editing TMs can be risky, especially when a wrong filter is selected. An indicator counting all affected TUs before proceeding would help avoiding mistakes. There might have been such a feature already, back in Studio 2011.
  • True AutoText

Former Member
    Former Member
    • 0 Comments
    I believe that the AutoText feature in Studio is a useful one. Nevertheless, my experience has shown that many users do not use it. My suggestion is to make AutoText truly automatic so that everyone uses it straight away. Create a dialog box for AutoText...
  • QA checker : make it checking the presence of a non breaking space

• 5 Comments
    Currently we can check that there is a space before the French punctuation marks (!:;) . But we can not check that the space is indeed a non breaking space as required by the language. My personal tweak is to filter on the punctuation and to manually...
  • Better handling of numbers (with (narrow) non-breaking spaces) for propagation and QA

• 0 Comments
    Hi, I always have the problem that Trados Studio does not correctly propagate numbers and units if you enter them with (in my case) a narrow non-breaking space. So I end up having to edit and confirm each segment manually where it could be done with...
  • AutoCorrect to allow for “smart quotes” in Spanish (instead of «angled quotes»)

• 2 Comments
    Trados is supposed to display the same AutoCorrect behaviour as Word, but it does not for Spanish. It insists in changing "dumb quotes" to «angled quotes» rather than “smart quotes”. The «angled quotes» quotes may be correct in Spanish, but often “smart...