This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Allow Fields in Schema to Be Grouped Into Sections

• Under Community Review on
    • 2 Comments
    Today all the fields in a component display as one long form. It would be nice to be able to 'group' fields into sections within the schema, and add a title and description to the grouping. That way when a Content Manager is working within a component...
  • Timezone support on Date fields, system timestamps in UTC or with timezone designator

• 0 Comments
    There are multiple ideas open already on timezones, but I think this one goes further: Date fields in Tridion today have a date/time picker, but no way to select indicate a timezone. They should be made timezone aware. With editors across the globe...
  • Notification Panel to notify Users about a Translation Job status

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 1 Comment
    The Notification panel, available from the top right of the screen should provide details about Translation activities. Ideally, the user that has triggered the job should at least be notified of its status.
  • Be able to search by WebDav URL in the CME

• 3 Comments
    It would be really useful if you could paste a WebDav URL into the CME search box and it either: 1. Open the item, or 2. Take you to the location (for organisational items) This would be particularly useful when using Content Porter and/or working...
  • Re-Publish option when publishing Components

• 0 Comments
    Currently, when selecting a component for publishing, it will not publish any pages that were not previously published (i.e. a "Re-Publish Only" behaviour). This is similar to when publishing CTs or Structure Groups. However, for the latter two, there...
  • Support for SVG file format in Media Manager

• 3 Comments
    We would like to be able to use SVG images in Tridion, via Media Manager. Basic support would enable an SVG file to be uploaded to Media Manager as an image (or a file), and then used as the source for an image component in Tridion. Also the ability...
  • [Translation Manager] Display which Translation Manager service is picking job requests.

• 0 Comments
    Knowing which Translation Manager service is handling the job is a very useful information, especially in outscaled and/or troubleshooting scenarios. Here an example on how and where it should ideally be displayed.
  • Publish Binaries to a CDN e.g. Akamai NetStorage

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 0 Comments
    It would be good to have an OOTB extensible mechanism to publish binary files into a CDN such as Akamai NetStorage. Currently it is hard to un-publish the binaries. I know we could get Media Manager but not every customer wants that.
  • Customizable color picker

• 2 Comments
    For a client, there was a request for customizing the color picker for RTF fields. They wanted other/extra presets to add some often used colors from their Style Guide as buttons. This saves the Content Manager a lot of work and prevents them from choosing...
  • Allow Favourites to be renamed and re-ordered within the CME

• 5 Comments
    When I add Favourites in the CME, I get a lot of items called 'Home', which doesn't allow me to see which Publication they're from. It would be great if each user could rename and re-order these. Also, side note, it would be good if SDL Web Ideas was...