This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Provide visual feedback to indicate that an item is localised elsewhere.

• Under Community Review on
    • 2 Comments
    One of the classic Tridion mistakes is to make half a dozen futile edits to a template, only to realise that lower in the blueprint a localised version is actually what has effect. The same thing presumably applies to content. My first thought was that...
  • Improve performance of list view

• 2 Comments
    Content Manager Explorer are Core Service APIs to be extended to get paginated results. Change APIs to return smaller result sets as specified by the client. Need the capability to paginate results for the list to reduce the performance impact.
  • Constraints Schema Type that can be applied to fields

• 2 Comments
    This is inspired by Neil Gibbons' request for constraints fields in a schema . Neil's issue was two-fold: Separate minOccurs from mandatory Provide an accessible point in the UI for setting this. While I like this idea, I think that a limitation...
  • Where Used - load only on explicit request

• 2 Comments
    When you do a `Where Used` on an item, the query for the first tab `Used In` is automatically triggered . As we all know this is a very expensive operation with potentially hundreds/thousands of resulting items. This makes no sense in my opinion, especially...
  • SDL Cloud Administration Dashboard

• 1 Comment
    SDL Cloud Administration Dashboard A system administration dashboard would provide metrics about the operation and usage of the system. This would also include a push-button restart of IIS and both CM and DXD services. The dashboard displays a friendly...
  • Re-Publish option when publishing Components

• 0 Comments
    Currently, when selecting a component for publishing, it will not publish any pages that were not previously published (i.e. a "Re-Publish Only" behaviour). This is similar to when publishing CTs or Structure Groups. However, for the latter two, there...
  • Timezone support on Date fields, system timestamps in UTC or with timezone designator

• 0 Comments
    There are multiple ideas open already on timezones, but I think this one goes further: Date fields in Tridion today have a date/time picker, but no way to select indicate a timezone. They should be made timezone aware. With editors across the globe...
  • Allow Fields in Schema to Be Grouped Into Sections

• 2 Comments
    Today all the fields in a component display as one long form. It would be nice to be able to 'group' fields into sections within the schema, and add a title and description to the grouping. That way when a Content Manager is working within a component...
  • Be able to search by WebDav URL in the CME

• 3 Comments
    It would be really useful if you could paste a WebDav URL into the CME search box and it either: 1. Open the item, or 2. Take you to the location (for organisational items) This would be particularly useful when using Content Porter and/or working...
  • Notification Panel to notify Users about a Translation Job status

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 1 Comment
    The Notification panel, available from the top right of the screen should provide details about Translation activities. Ideally, the user that has triggered the job should at least be notified of its status.