Cloud Memory in Trados Studio 2022 Desktop

In Trados Studio 2022 desktop version, I created a Project Template pointing to my Cloud resources (memory and termbase). I created a project and it worked fine. I looked at the project settings and all my resources were there. However, if I close Trados and reopen my project all my Cloud resources are no longer there. The project settings point to my local resources. What is my problem?

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  ,

The current Trados Studio 2022 installed on my side is: 17.0.3.11695.

I created a local project template and I added the Trados Team Translation engine (which contains cloud translation memory and cloud termbase). The next step was to create a local project using the project template with cloud resources, and after this I closed/reopened Trados Studio. The cloud resources were still in Project Settings.

Can you please tell me if you have the latest Trados Studio 2022 version (17.0.3.11695)? You can check the version in Trados Studio -> Help -> About Trados Studio.

By the time you reopen Trados Studio, please make sure you are logged into the Trados Team account (right upper corner -> Login).

Looking forward for your feedback.

Alex J.

emoji
  • Hello Alex!

I have the same Studio version as you. I also did the same thing as you. I created a local project template from Studio and I added the Trados Team Translation engine (which contains cloud translation memory and cloud termbase). I used this template to create a local project. However, after I closed/reopened Studio, my cloud resources are no longer there and I'm indeed logged into my Trados Team account.

emoji
  •  , there are a few things that you can check on you side and see if this behavior is constantly reproducible. 

Can you add once again the Cloud resources to the local project and check after restarting Trados Studio if the resources are still there?

Can you create a new project from scratch and add the resources to it, afterwards checking if these remain there after restarting Trados Studio?

If the above show the same results, and the resources disappear from the project, after the restart, please send me the Trados Studio log files, there might be lost connection information there upon turning on Trados Studio. The default log files location is: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16\logs .

You can upload it here: https://centralftp.sdl.com/?u=RXnn&p=qtBj

Alex J.

emoji
  • Hello Alex!

I once again created local projects today using my template with Cloud resources. I closed and restarted Trados and the Cloud resources now seem to remain attached to the projects, except for the termbase since it is now indicated No open termbase under Termbase Search. I had the same issue when working in Trados Studio without the Cloud. The termbase was only there when I first created project, but disappeared when I reopened them.

Also, the pre-translation doesn't work when I'm running my template. None of the segments of the projects I did today were pre-populated when I know most of this stuff is already in the memory. DeepL is also part of my Translation Engine, but I no longer see any NMT segments when there should be some.

I think you're right regarding the lost connection issue. I'll keep an eye open for this as Studio seems to sometimes to loose connection. I get notifications to that effect once in a while. Also, Studio closes unexpectedly at least once a day.

As you can see, I have a lot of issue with this software.

emoji
  •  , I will reply to each issue that you mentioned:

- How did you added the termbase? Did you enclosed it when you created the Translation engine or did you add it from Trados Studio -> Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases -> Use -> Cloud based terminology?

- Unfortunately the Pre-translate batch task with cloud resources will not work in Trados Studio. This is a enhancement, raised with the product development team: CRQ-29232 and will probably be implemented in the future release.

- The notification you receive show the cause of the Trados Studio crash. If you see this in the future, please try to capture it with a screenshot or you can share the Trados Studio log files from the day when it happened. The log files can be retrieved from the same location I mentioned previously:C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16\logs

Alex J.

emoji
  •  , I will reply to each issue that you mentioned:

- How did you added the termbase? Did you enclosed it when you created the Translation engine or did you add it from Trados Studio -> Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases -> Use -> Cloud based terminology?

- Unfortunately the Pre-translate batch task with cloud resources will not work in Trados Studio. This is a enhancement, raised with the product development team: CRQ-29232 and will probably be implemented in the future release.

- The notification you receive show the cause of the Trados Studio crash. If you see this in the future, please try to capture it with a screenshot or you can share the Trados Studio log files from the day when it happened. The log files can be retrieved from the same location I mentioned previously:C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16\logs

Alex J.

emoji
Children