Manual download of SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 Cumulative Update 9

Hi,

I didn't find the manual download link for this upgrade in your post.

My installed Trados has consistently failed to check or install updates for a long time, even in Trados 2017. 

Please provide a manual link for downloading and installing this CU.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Sandra

Parents Reply
  • Will I still be able to use Studio 2017 if I buy the 2021 upgrade?

I believe that the upgrade from 2017 to 2021 involves you losing the right to use 2017 and it is replaced in your account with 2021.  Having said this if you don't deactivate it then it will continue to work for as long as it runs and you don't deactivate or try to move to a new computer.  Once you deactivate you won't be able to reactivate it.  If you want to be able to always continue using 2017 you need to purchase a new licence and not an upgrade.

although I had bought a "perpetual license

Technically any upgrade is really a replacement.  If we allowed the ability to keep it then you were in luck... and we have made this decision a few times between versions, especially when the changes are substantially different in some way.  But an upgrade means you pay less than the price of a new licence because you relinquish the licence to the old one.

Perpetual licence just means it's yours until you relinquish it by upgrading at which point the new one is the valid licence.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children