Studio 2019: Activated installation suddenly says: 'Evaluation Expired'

Good afternoon,

My installation of Studio 2019 was activated with the appropriate licence key on the day of release (25 July). Suddenly, I cannot run the programme. It stops with the message 'Evaluation Expired (26)'. But I have never run an evaluation version.

When checking my account, it says there is one licence in use. Indeed activated on 25 July.

How can I resolve this, please? I know I can use an extra activation, but if I do that, I will have nothing to fall back on.

Please advise.

Best regards,

Parents Reply
  • Delete the Studio.lic file in this location and restart Studio:

C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio15\Data

If that doesn't help please log a case.  

For licensing or installation issues that prevent you from working we have a route for all customers to get help. This can be achieved really quickly using this link:

gateway.sdl.com/liveagentlicensing

You have two options:

1. Submit a case using a webform
    2. Use live chat to get a licence reset

You want to use the second option and make sure that you refer to this thread so the teams can see what you have tried already.

Regards

Paul

Hi 

The above two solutions are very simple.

If the first doesn't work, then you don't have to log a support ticket, you can get quickly get free help when installation hasn't worked properly. It takes minutes to do the above...

One point that may be relevant is that if you've used a trial version of Studio before, even a previous version, and let it run its full time, your PC will remember that and trigger the expiry message.

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

Children