'This app can't run on your pc: To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher ' message on opening .exe file for Studio 2019 (and Multiterm 2019).

Hi there,

I upgraded from Studio 2019 from 2017 Studio Freelance from within my SDL account the other day and downloaded it along with Multiterm 2019.  however, I cannot open either of the .exe files (for Studio 2019 or Multiterm 2019) that I saved to my desktop.     The above message comes up in a window with a blue background.    

The version I downloaded was SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_15.2.8.3007.exe and the version of multiterm is SDLMultitermDesktop2019_56482.exe

I looked for info on line and followed certain instructions for one possible solution but it made no difference.   I gave it a break until today but I really want to get this fixed.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do?  Thank you.

I have not changed computers since first buying a Trados licence and I have previously installed 2015 and as I say above 2017 which I upgraded from without a major issue. 

I do not have a support contract so am hoping I can get help here.

Thanks in advance

Anne Maria

Parents Reply
  • Thank you  Sorin,

The first step does not work for me as I am the only account on the computer so the only administrator and the option of never being notified of changes as it says in that article you included is not available.  As to step 2, I have seen the suggestion elsewehere about turning off the antivirus but I am somewhat wary of doing that even for a few minutes.    Step 3 is the same.   I do not know why Windows 10 is throwing this obstacle in the way of installing an SDL product when SDL is a very legitimate company.  By the way should I delete those two .exe files and download them again before re-installing.   

Children