Translation memory not recomputing?

We are using SDL Studio 2017. When trying to recompute fuzzy index statistics the program says that we have been "successful", but in spite of restarting the computer and program, it still says "It is recommended that the statistics are recomputed, because the translation memory has significantly grown in size."

Is this function not working?

Trados Studio message box showing a recommendation to recompute fuzzy index statistics due to significant growth in translation memory size, with an OK button.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:40 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Paul,

In the sidebar to this thread there is a post from Luis, saying ,,Hi Jonathan,

There is two different tasks "Recompute Fuzzy Index Statistics" which is very fast and should be straightforward.
    This actually happens automatically in the background since GroupShare 2015, so you don't need to run this manually.

The "Re-index Translation Memory" is actually a much longer and heavy task and is rarely needed (usually only if you change any TM settings or variable lists).
    The message you are getting indicates that the SQL Server is timing out potentially due to the TM size or the load on your GS system.

Are you launching the Re-Index process from within Studio or the GS website?
    Maybe try the GS Website, as that actually creates a Background Task and the server executes the reindexing in the background rather than actively when launched from Studio.

If this doesn't help I would suggest contacting our Customer Support colleagues so that they can assist you more actively and have a look at the system.

Thanks,
    Luis

So maybe it is not necessary. We are not to hand over our TM's so that won´t do. This particular TM contains some 300 thousand TU's.

To top things off, I cannot access our GroupShare server any more, it won´t accept my password for some strange reason. What on Earth does one do then ?

• You posted this into the Studio forum and didn't mention you were using a Server TM.  I will move this thread to the appropriate place.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub