Request channel timed out when checking files in to Groupshare

Every time I try to return a project by checking it in to Groupshare, I get the error message in the screenshot. I am still connected to the server and have no other issues. It only happens when trying to check file sback in. I've been sending xliffs to my project managers, but obviously can't keep doing that.

Anyone know how to solve this / how to increase the timeout value?

Trados Studio error message: 'The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.' with OK button.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:01 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Are you changing the phases or assigning files to users in phase when the error occurred.

Try this:

Add 127.0.0.1 and the external server address in the hosts file located at: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

Screenshot of Windows hosts file with added entry '127.0.0.1 mygroupshareserver.com' highlighted.

If that does not work we may need to review the server address detail. Something I think  would be better at clarifying

I hope this helps

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:01 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi,

All I do is complete translation/review and then when I go to check it back in, that's the error message I keep getting (happened with a few different projects at this point). But I'm definitely not changing phases or assigning files.

Also just went to add the external server address in the hosts file but it's already in there...

emoji
  • Hi  , by any chance, if you might know if, this behavior was reported by other users as well or just you were the one experiencing it? If you are the only user reporting this, it is probably some 3rd party application from your computer which interferes with the check in function. In the past we had similar issues with a application called "HP Velocity", not sure if this is the same one this time, but worth asking about it.

We might have a clue if we can review the expanded stack trace of the following error message, can you share it with us?

Alex J.

emoji
  • Hi Alex, my project managers had never heard of this problem before... I've contacted someone within their organisation as well - but haven't heard back yet.  Could you tell me how to find the stack trace so I can share it with you? 

emoji
  • <SDLErrorDetails time="9/23/2022 12:29:01 PM">
      <ErrorMessage>The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9843648. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.TimeoutException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>mscorlib</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233083</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[
    Server stack trace: 
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Sdl.Enterprise2.Platform.Contracts.IO.IFileOperationService.WriteData(Guid operationId, Byte[] data)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.IO.FileOperationServiceClient.WriteData(Guid operationId, Byte[] data)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.IO.FileOperationStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.IO.FileStreamUtil.CopyStream(Stream sourceStream, Stream destinationStream, Int32 bufferSize, EventHandler`1 progressEventHandler)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.IO.FileOperationClient.Upload(Stream sourceStream, EventHandler`1 progressEventHandler)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.IO.FileOperationClient.Upload(String sourcePath, EventHandler`1 progressEventHandler)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.ProjectServerCommuteClient.UploadFileVersions(IEnumerable`1 fileVersionUploadInfos, IEnumerable`1 newFileVersions, EventHandler`1 progressEventHandler)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.ProjectServerCommuteClient.AddOrUpdateProjectFiles(Guid projectId, ProjectFileInfo[] projectFileInfos, EventHandler`1 progressEventHandler)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Server.Operations.UploadFilesOperation.Execute(IProject project, String operationId, Object[] args)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Operations.ProjectOperationComposite.Execute(IProject project, String operationId, Object[] args)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Operations.BasicOperationComposite.Execute(IProject project, String operationId, Object[] args)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Operations.ProjectOperationComposite.Execute(IProject project, String operationId, Object[] args)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Project.ExecuteOperation(String operationId, Object[] args)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectServerPlugin.Actions.UploadWorker.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.JobExecuter.Execute(JobData jobData)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
        <InnerException>
          <Type>System.TimeoutException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
          <HelpLink />
          <Source>System.ServiceModel</Source>
          <HResult>-2146233083</HResult>
          <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)]]></StackTrace>
          <InnerException>
            <Type>System.Net.WebException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
            <Status>Timeout</Status>
            <HelpLink />
            <Source>System</Source>
            <HResult>-2146233079</HResult>
            <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)]]></StackTrace>
          </InnerException>
        </InnerException>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio16</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>16.2.12.9338</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>MAARTJEVANSB5ED\maartjevansandwijk</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>MAARTJEVANSB5ED</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>3140196 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  •  , according to the stack trace, I am guessing that the issue is related to the local data project. Can you try removing the projects from the projects list, then open it again from the server and choose a different location than the one where it is opened now. The final step will be to try to check in the file, are you getting the same error message?

Alex J.

emoji
  • Before I do that, just wanted to check that my translation won't disappear?

emoji
  • Hi Alex,

Just tried that, and now the only option I have is to cancel check out!

emoji
  •   To be 100% sure, before you do that open the file in Editor and Save it (File ->Save or CTRL + S), this will update the server file version, and the translated content will be uploaded on the server.

Alex J.

emoji
Reply Children
No Data