Error message when uploading a Groupshare project

Hi. When I work on a GroupShare project and I try to save, the project is correctly saved locally, but then it seems that the message "Loading file" (in Italian: "Caricamento file in corso") gets stuck and after some time I get the following error message: 

Error message in Trados Studio indicating a timeout during the wait for a response, suggesting to increase the timeout value or the SendTimeout value in Binding.

Please find here the error file: /cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/347/6012.sdlerror_2D00_20221130_2D00_15h49m56s.sdlerror.sdlerror.xml

The same thing also happens when I try to check in the file after completing the task. For the sake of completeness, I recently switched from a Windows computer to a MacBook virtualizing Windows through Parallels, but I am not sure this is relevant as until a few days ago it always worked properly.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:02 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi  , I would like to suggest you to check and if necessary adjust this following setting in the location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Check if you have the  127.0.0.1 and the external server address  added to the hosts document:

Screenshot of a HOSTS file with entries for localhost and an external server address. The localhost is set to 127.0.0.1 and the external server is listed as 'hygroupshareserver.com' with the same IP address.

Please let me know if this solved the issue.

Alex J.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:02 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi  , thank you for your answer. For some reason, the issue is now resolved. I suspect it had to do with Parallels and my internet connection; this is the history of events (although probably not all of them are relevant):

- At the beginning, I was using a normal (2.4 GHz) wifi connection, then I created a 5.0 GHz network because I read that they are faster. I am not sure whether the issue appeared at this point.

- Then I decided to try an Ethernet connection. For sure, the issue appeared a few days after I did this.

- Then I decided to change Parallels' network settings from "Shared network" to "Bridged network > Wifi", and to switch back to wifi rather than Ethernet. 

- At this point, the issue was somehow solved. 

This is why I think it had to do with Parallels' network settings. Now, I don't feel comfortable changing any setting at the moment, since GroupShare uploading is now working properly and I am afraid it might stop doing so. What do you think?

emoji
  • Hi  , thank you for your answer. For some reason, the issue is now resolved. I suspect it had to do with Parallels and my internet connection; this is the history of events (although probably not all of them are relevant):

- At the beginning, I was using a normal (2.4 GHz) wifi connection, then I created a 5.0 GHz network because I read that they are faster. I am not sure whether the issue appeared at this point.

- Then I decided to try an Ethernet connection. For sure, the issue appeared a few days after I did this.

- Then I decided to change Parallels' network settings from "Shared network" to "Bridged network > Wifi", and to switch back to wifi rather than Ethernet. 

- At this point, the issue was somehow solved. 

This is why I think it had to do with Parallels' network settings. Now, I don't feel comfortable changing any setting at the moment, since GroupShare uploading is now working properly and I am afraid it might stop doing so. What do you think?

emoji
Children