"Generating preview" message whenever I confirm a segment

Hi all. 

This issue has already been reported multiple times but apparently, it hasn't been solved, as I am still experiencing it. For example, here:  https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/groupshare/f/groupshare-qa/26251/generating-preview 

In short, when working on a GroupShare project (in doesn't seem to happen when working on local projects), whenever I confirm a segment, Trados seems to freeze and the status bar shows: "Generating preview". Now, when it's a small project, it gets stuck for a fraction of a second, but with heavier projects it gets stuck even a few seconds during which I can't do anything. This can make you waste a lot of time, but even when it freezes for (say) just 1 second it is still very frustrating when you are concentrated and trying to translate as fast as possible. I think it's a very serious issue and it's a shame that it hasn't been solved despite having been reported so many times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Emanuele

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Please allow for me to clarify what I understand from your your post

• Issue is noted when working with GroupShare Projects AND GroupShare TM's
    • Issue does not happen when working with local projects AND GroupShare TM's

What is the experience like if you work within the Online Editor

On the link you referenced, it does take you to a post from the GS product owner who confirms:   the latest update for SDL Trados Studio, 2019 SR2 CU05, did indeed include improvements focused on performance when transitioning/confirming segments while using server-based TM and TB resources provided through SDL Trados GroupShare. A full overview of this update is available at https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2019SR2. The full potential of these improvements are available when using at least SDL Trados GroupShare 2020 CU01.

Please can you clarify what your Studio version is as well as what GroupShare version

Thank you for the clarifications

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi  

Thank you for your kind response. Please find here my answers: 

• Issue is noted when working with GroupShare Projects AND GroupShare TM's: yes
    • Issue does not happen when working with local projects AND GroupShare TM's: I am not sure because I believe I've never worked on a local project with a GroupShare TM, or I have done it quite rarely. 
    • What is the experience like if you work within the Online Editor: I didn't even know I could use an online editor; how can I access it?
    • Apparently, I can't see the article that you linked as I do not have a "valid support contract".
    • Studio version: Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 16.2.12.9338 (there is no available update so I should have the latest version).
    • GroupShare version: I am not sure about how to find it out; I have seen this article https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000012700 but 1) Trados GroupShare is not in my programs' list and 2) I don't know how to access the " Trados GroupShare WebUI".

Thank you again for you assistance.

Emanuele

emoji
  • Hi  

Thank you for your kind response. Please find here my answers: 

• Issue is noted when working with GroupShare Projects AND GroupShare TM's: yes
    • Issue does not happen when working with local projects AND GroupShare TM's: I am not sure because I believe I've never worked on a local project with a GroupShare TM, or I have done it quite rarely. 
    • What is the experience like if you work within the Online Editor: I didn't even know I could use an online editor; how can I access it?
    • Apparently, I can't see the article that you linked as I do not have a "valid support contract".
    • Studio version: Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 16.2.12.9338 (there is no available update so I should have the latest version).
    • GroupShare version: I am not sure about how to find it out; I have seen this article https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000012700 but 1) Trados GroupShare is not in my programs' list and 2) I don't know how to access the " Trados GroupShare WebUI".

Thank you again for you assistance.

Emanuele

emoji
Children
No Data