Studio 2022 - Cannot download apps

I have just installed Studio 2022 (Pro) for my translation company and am trying to install some apps. However whenever I click to download an app, I receive an error msg that says 'Download failed for XYZ app. Make sure you are signed in to Language Cloud.' When I click on 'Account Details' to check that I am indeed signed in as the Company, it says 'Cloud Sign In' at the top of the box, and the only buttons that I can click say 'Sign out' and 'OK' and 'Help', so I assume that I'm signed in. I've also tried to download the apps from a browser, where I have signed into the company's account, and in this case I receive the error message that I do not have an appropriate license, even though I can see in the 'Licenses' section that the company does have a valid Studio 2022 license. Any ideas? Thank you!

emoji
Parents
  • I've noticed you have two accounts under your email address.  One in your company account with the licence and one in your own account without a licence. Please can you make sure you are logged in with the company account?

Also make sure that the apps you are trying to download are actually available for 2022.  You can see this here:

Check this before downloading from the web.  Or, even better, use the integrated AppStore in Trados Studio 2022 and then you will ONLY be presented with the aps that are available for you and will actually work with 2022.  If you don't see an app in here then don't try and take it from the appstore because it won't work in this version of Studio anyway.

emoji
  • Thank you, Paul. One possibilty why we can't download plugins might be due to the personal vs company account, however even when I am logged in with the company account, it says I don't have the correct license. I wonder if it is defaulting to my personal account?  In the top right, it says 'Jennifer' regardless of which account I've selected. Screenshot below.

Wen I try via the desktop app, I get the an error message 'Download failed. Make sure you are signed in to Language Cloud'. When I try from the online app store, it seems to revert to my personal account and says I don't have the appropriate license (which is linked to the company and not to my personal account). This is even when I have selected the company account and then navigate directly to the appstore.

Is it possible for someone at Trados to send me the plugins I need and I can install them directly?

Thank you.

emoji
  • Thank you, Paul. One possibilty why we can't download plugins might be due to the personal vs company account, however even when I am logged in with the company account, it says I don't have the correct license. I wonder if it is defaulting to my personal account?  In the top right, it says 'Jennifer' regardless of which account I've selected. Screenshot below.

Wen I try via the desktop app, I get the an error message 'Download failed. Make sure you are signed in to Language Cloud'. When I try from the online app store, it seems to revert to my personal account and says I don't have the appropriate license (which is linked to the company and not to my personal account). This is even when I have selected the company account and then navigate directly to the appstore.

Is it possible for someone at Trados to send me the plugins I need and I can install them directly?

Thank you.

emoji
Children