What do I hae to do ? there is no "Translation engines"

Screenshot of SDL Machine Translation & AdaptiveMT Settings window showing options for Engines and Dictionaries. No translation engines or adaptive engines are selected or displayed.

just like the title of this post...

help pls

thanks

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:03 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I guess you are using Trados Studio 2017?  I think there are two possible reasons for this.  The first is that you entered this window under File -> Options and you have no specific language pairs in your settings, or no language pairs that match supported languages for the machine translation. Like this for example:

Trados Studio options window showing Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings with an arrow pointing to an empty list of language pairs.

As opposed to something like this:

Trados Studio sidebar menu displaying Language Pairs with English (United States) to German (Germany) and English (United States) to French (France) language pairs.

Now I would see this:

SDL Machine Translation & AdaptiveMT Settings window showing source language English (United States) with target languages German (Germany) and French (France) both using Baseline engine.

The reason for this is because 2017 doesn't have access to the later technology as we no longer provide statistical and adaptive engines.  Today it's all neural machine translation through Language Weaver.  So English to Korean may still not provide a language pair, whereas using Language Weaver in supported versions of Trados Studio will.

The other reason is you may not have an account set up to use machine translation as it is provided today.  If you click into the "your account" link in your screenshot what do you see there?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • I guess you are using Trados Studio 2017?  I think there are two possible reasons for this.  The first is that you entered this window under File -> Options and you have no specific language pairs in your settings, or no language pairs that match supported languages for the machine translation. Like this for example:

Trados Studio options window showing Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings with an arrow pointing to an empty list of language pairs.

As opposed to something like this:

Trados Studio sidebar menu displaying Language Pairs with English (United States) to German (Germany) and English (United States) to French (France) language pairs.

Now I would see this:

SDL Machine Translation & AdaptiveMT Settings window showing source language English (United States) with target languages German (Germany) and French (France) both using Baseline engine.

The reason for this is because 2017 doesn't have access to the later technology as we no longer provide statistical and adaptive engines.  Today it's all neural machine translation through Language Weaver.  So English to Korean may still not provide a language pair, whereas using Language Weaver in supported versions of Trados Studio will.

The other reason is you may not have an account set up to use machine translation as it is provided today.  If you click into the "your account" link in your screenshot what do you see there?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children