Repetitive changes made to translation text provided by NMT

After translating an expression from English to French using NMT in Studio 2019, I made some changes to that translation. Later in the document, NMT translated an identical occurrence of the same English expression but without my changes. Is there a way that NMT can apply my changes from the first translation to the second one?

Thank you so much,

Karen

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Not sure why I seem to have a subset for my TM.

This is because you have created a "Project TM".  This will be a subset of your Main TM containing only segments that are relevant to your translation based on your project settings for the match values.  So if you set this to 100% matches only then it would only contain 100% matches from your Main TM, if you set it to 70% then it would contain 70% matches and above from your Main TM.

As a freelance translator it's normally better to work without a Project TM I think as the main usecase would be sharing a small TM with others.

The problem with using this is that your Main TM won't be updated until you run a batch task to update the Main TM or Finalize your project.  It's also not the default so you must have specifically asked Trados Studio to do this when you created your project.

It's not a problem, it just means you need to know how this works and how to work with it otherwise you may think your TM is empty when in fact it might not be.  Your project TM will be in the project folders if you open up the project in Windows Explorer.  Then you can check it and see if it's empty.

You can also click on a segment in the Editor View and see if you get a TM Match for something you already translated.  If you don't then can you share a screenshot of the screen as you see it when you do this check?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children