Multiterm keeps shutting down on me

Multiterm keeps shutting down on me when I am populating a termbase... Typically, I can only do a few entries and then I get a message that my Multiterm has stopped and will be shutting down... Has anyone run into this problem? My OS is Windows  10 Famille (10.0.16299) . 

Thanks for your help! 

Laval

Parents
  • Hi ,

Please try running a Windows Repair of MultiTerm - and then of Studio - via Control Panel.
    1. Close all SDL applications.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.
    3. Click/highlight the relevant SDL product from the list (e.g. SDL Trados MultiTerm 2017 SR1 Desktop) and click Repair.
    4. Restart Studio/MultiTerm.
    I actually repair all 4 components of MultiTerm periodically - Desktop, Core, Convert and Word Integration. Then I repair Studio. It's worth the time it takes, especially after a Windows automatic update.

Also, does this happen with any termbase or just one? If the latter, do you know how to reorganise a termbase? Studio and MultiTerm normally prompt for this if it's required when the affected termbase is in use. Periodically reorganising helps the termbase run more smoothly.
    This is done by opening opening the termbase in MultiTerm (let it update first if you haven't opened MultiTerm for a while), click on Termbase Management bottom left then select Reorganise in the top toolbar. Click through the Wizard (OK > Next > Finish > Close) then close MultiTerm

There are further fixes you can try but this might be enough.

Hope this helps,
    All the best,
    Alison
  • Hi ,

Please try running a Windows Repair of MultiTerm - and then of Studio - via Control Panel.
    1. Close all SDL applications.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.
    3. Click/highlight the relevant SDL product from the list (e.g. SDL Trados MultiTerm 2017 SR1 Desktop) and click Repair.
    4. Restart Studio/MultiTerm.
    I actually repair all 4 components of MultiTerm periodically - Desktop, Core, Convert and Word Integration. Then I repair Studio. It's worth the time it takes, especially after a Windows automatic update.

Also, does this happen with any termbase or just one? If the latter, do you know how to reorganise a termbase? Studio and MultiTerm normally prompt for this if it's required when the affected termbase is in use. Periodically reorganising helps the termbase run more smoothly.
    This is done by opening opening the termbase in MultiTerm (let it update first if you haven't opened MultiTerm for a while), click on Termbase Management bottom left then select Reorganise in the top toolbar. Click through the Wizard (OK > Next > Finish > Close) then close MultiTerm

There are further fixes you can try but this might be enough.

Hope this helps,
    All the best,
    Alison
Children