MultiTerm 2019 throws a 'Script Error' every 20-30 minutes when used as a stand-alone tool for just adding new terms

Dear All,

Every now and then I need to use MultiTerm as a stand-alone tool, that is, I add new terms to an existing termbase by copying them from an online source. And MultiTerm seems incapable of properly handing this mundane task, the successful completion of which should be its sole reason of existence. Every 20-30 minutes, it throws a 'Script Error' and then has to be forcefully closed via Window's Task Manager. Here is the error: 

Screenshot of a 'Script Error' dialog box in Trados MultiTerm with a warning icon, indicating an error has occurred in the script on the page, with details about the line, character, error, code, and URL of the issue. Options to continue running scripts are 'Yes' and 'No'.

Of course, I am not privy to SDL's mysterious ways, but it just seems to me, based on the observed behavior of the highly touted MultiTerm, that it is simply too fragile and breaks so easily that it is not ready for the real world.

Although, it is quite an expensive tool to buy and I have bought every new version over the past 10 years, only to be given the same unreliable software mess. Disappointed

Best regards,

Pavel Tsvetkov

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:06 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children