invalid file name- Multiterm

I am not able to create a Termbase on Multiterm 2019 (nor am I able to convert a glossary using glossary converter). I keep receiving a pop up message saying invalid file name. I am following all steps shown on tutorial videos. Why would my file name be invalid?! PLEASE HELP!

Error message in SDL MultiTerm stating 'Cannot Create Termbase - MultiTerm is unable to create the termbase. Not a valid file name.' with an OK button.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:11 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • In the Kb this is an error you might see if you don't have the latest service pack installed for Windows 7, but I see you are not using Windows 7.  Perhaps it's worth trying a couple of things:

1. In case you're on Windows 8 and not 10 make sure you have the latest service pack installed.  Assuming that W10 enforces you are always up to date.
    2. Make sure you have the latest versions of Studio and MultiTerm installed,  For 2019 this is currently as follows:
      SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1 - 15.1.3.55768
      SDL MultiTerm 2019 - 15.0.3.55976
    3. If it still fails after that try a reset.  

Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart MultiTerm:
      c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• In the Kb this is an error you might see if you don't have the latest service pack installed for Windows 7, but I see you are not using Windows 7.  Perhaps it's worth trying a couple of things:

1. In case you're on Windows 8 and not 10 make sure you have the latest service pack installed.  Assuming that W10 enforces you are always up to date.
    2. Make sure you have the latest versions of Studio and MultiTerm installed,  For 2019 this is currently as follows:
      SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1 - 15.1.3.55768
      SDL MultiTerm 2019 - 15.0.3.55976
    3. If it still fails after that try a reset.  

Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart MultiTerm:
      c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children