Error Message: "The entry number does not exist in this termbase"

Hi,

first time here!

When I try to search the entry "plaintiff" in my termbase (as well as the other terms contained in such entry such as "claimant", "Klager" (DE) or "attore" (IT) ), the following error message pops up: "The entry number does not exist in this termbase" (in Italian "Il numero di voce non esiste in questo database"). As you can see from the image attached, the entry shows up in the entry list, but cannot be accessed. Clicking or creating another entry with the same terms it is pointless.   

Apparently, the entry ID number has somehow gone missing or the entry is somehow corrupted. How can I access and modify the entry in order to fix it? Can I avoid recreating the termbase?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I hope you and you loved ones are healthy and safe during these extraordinary times.

Have a nice day ahead,

Lorenzo

Trados Studio error message 'Il numero di voce non esiste in questo termbase' with an 'OK' button, indicating the entry number does not exist in the termbase.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:44 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • I deleted the empty columns and then did the conversion again. This time I got two logs. The first states that no error occurred; the second shows the aforementioned error massages.

I think that the log is just saying that an empty field is not a valid value for a field, and I indeed have empty fields in many entries because I do not need to fill all fields in all entries (e.g. I use the language field "English" in some entries and the language field "English (US)" and "English (OK)" in other entries; I use both a description and a note field at the same level of the entry, but I use only one of the two in other entries; etc.). 

It is possible that a input model I created before the conversion created empty fields in some entries. I may delete the input model and all the empty fields, but this will be a real drag... Moreover, I am not sure that this operation will actually fix the issue (provided that these error massages in the log are actually an issue).

Children