Exporting and importing a new language

Hi all!

I'm on the task of importing new language terms to our (server-based) master termbase from a local termbase our language provider was using for adding new terms. It's a perfect copy of our master with the same termbase definition - the only difference is that is has the Dutch entries I'd like to import.

Everytime I have this scenario, I always end up with the same problem, i.e. I can create a bilingual html export file from the local termbase, open it in Excel, edit it there and finally, using MT Convert, convert it back to xml and import it into our master termbase.

So far so good - the problem is that this way the entry numbers get lost and I cannot use the "Synchronise on entry number" function when importing into our master termbase- which is a real disadvantage.

Right now, I'm trying to find a better option (as I have many times before), and I'm giving the other export options - MT format 5 and tbx - a go, but the tbx file seems to be too much to stomach for MultiTerm Convert and it keeps crashing. 

Any good ideas how I could handle this?

THANX!!

emoji