How to add a segmentation rule to have Studio segment BEFORE every opening bracket

Hello. I want to create a new TM where Studio should segment BEFORE every opening bracket. I have tried playing with the segmentation rules, but I am having trouble since in most cases the segmentation happens after the break character, not before. I guess that the segmentation rule should look something like: Any character/digit before break, a space as the break character (which is not an option but  it may be possible to add it as regex in the Advanced display of the rule) and an opening bracket followed by any character/digit after break. I am new to regex. Any ideas would be much appreciated.  

Parents Reply
  • Hi ,

Open the project in Projects view.

Ensure you've selected the Source language in the Files view.

Trados Studio navigation pane showing selected 'Files' view with 'Projects', 'Reports', 'Editor', and 'Translation Memories' options listed.

After adding the DOCX file (take into account that you'd need to delete it if it's already there).

Ensure that the TM in the project has got the right segmentation rules.

Then right click on the DOCX file and select Batch Tasks, and then select the Prepare item and finish the wizard:

Context menu in Trados Studio with 'Batch Tasks' expanded showing 'Prepare' option highlighted in red.

Then go to the Target language in Files view and open the file (SDLXLIFF extension) to check the segmentation in the Editor.

Regarding your question about the TM and Preview, segmentation rules apply to the project of course, but you won't be able to test them with the Preview button under File Types. And yes, you need to open the file in the Editor to confirm the segmentation rules are fine. Notice that the Preview button is in File Types section, so it makes sense to skip any other previews. On the other hand, I wished the feature to test the segmentation rules were available somewhere while adding a segmentation rule.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 4:38 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data