What would be the easiest way to batch replace (ě)|(š)|(č)... signs to (e)|(s)|(c)...?

Sometimes we need to provide strings for displays without accents. Until now these were edited manually or using 3rd party apps via export for external review and acceptingall tracked changes - both approaches are quite timeconsuming and not very "clean and easy". Would it be possible to perform such changes directly in Editor or using any SDL tool?

Thanks

Ladislav

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Ladislav,

I've created a blog post about the tool here:

You can download the tool from my github repository: (name is Leo.CleanUpTasks.sdlplugin).

It is still Beta though and needs more testing, so just know this is use at your own risk.

As for your issue, I believe you can setup a file like the following with the tool.

The first time you make the file, it will be a pain to add each letter, but you can save the file and reuse it once you make it.

• This is a very cool batch task idea Jesse... I like it!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Jesse, this is brilliant! I just tested it for a file that needed conversions added to the target file and it works great.
  • Hello Jesse,

I am unable to install the plug-in with following message:

Also attached the files containing error description as indicated above:

error.ZIP

Any suggestions for correct installation are welcome.

Thanks

Ladislav

• Hi Ladislav,

Thanks for the error information.

I checked into where this error is happening, and it seems to be happening when trying to unzip the contents of the sdlplugin file.

I'm not exactly sure why, but the file you tried to run got corrupted somehow? (the error message says the zip file data is corrupt)

Just to be sure, are you sure you downloaded it completely before running?

I'll reupload the file here, let me know if the same thing happens again: (please change the zip extension to sdlplugin first, I had to change to zip to be able to upload here):

Leo.CleanUpTasks.zip

• Thank you, Jesse, this one works fine. I probably downloaded the wrong file... not the binary one. I am looking forward to test the plugin.
    Thanks
    Ladislav
  • Hi Jesse,

well, first attempt to "open" the plugin and I have following error message:

<SDLErrorDetails time="5/2/2016 12:16:49 PM">
      <ErrorMessage>Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>mscorlib</Source>
        <HResult>-2146232828</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance[T]()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.DefaultSettingsPage`2.GetControl()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement.Settings.AutomaticTaskSettingsPageAdapter.GetControl()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.SettingsUIControl.UpdateActiveSettingsPage()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Settings.AbstractSettingsHost.ActivateSettingsPage(String[] path)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.BatchProcessing.SettingsWizardPage.OnShow(Boolean first, Boolean back)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard`1.Next()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard`1._form_Next(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.WizardForm._nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
        <InnerException>
          <Type>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
          <HelpLink />
          <Source>System.Windows.Forms</Source>
          <HResult>-2146233079</HResult>
          <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.IsCombinationDefined(String className, Int32 part)
       at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)
       at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(VisualStyleElement element)
       at UIToolbox.CheckGroupBox..ctor()
       at Leo.CleanUpTasks.ConversionsSettingsControl.InitializeComponent()
       at Leo.CleanUpTasks.ConversionsSettingsControl..ctor()
       at Leo.CleanUpTasks.CleanUpTargetSettingsControl.InitializeComponent()
       at Leo.CleanUpTasks.CleanUpTargetSettingsControl..ctor()]]></StackTrace>
        </InnerException>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>12.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>12.2.5099.5</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise N </OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>Service Pack 1</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1250</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>GLOBAL\lhlavaty</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>HKRTRALHLAVAT02</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>8290832 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

Regards,

Ladislav

• Hi Ladislav,

Well, glad we got through one problem :).
    Just to make sure, you are using the classic XP theme or have visual styles turned off?
    (from the screenshot you showed me, it looks like that is the case)
    I think this is related to the problem.
  • Hi Jesse,
    visual styles are mostly off - performance priority. After switching to appearence optimalization, I can confirm the plug-in works (the option is showed).

(I would like to stay without visual styles etc.)

Regards,
    Ladislav
  • Just tested the plug-in for my needs on real file and works perfectly, no issues spotted. Even defining (at the end 30) rules was fast and easy.

Thanks
    Ladislav