Dependency file not found ...

I have tried to read about the same topic in previous discussions, but it seems somehow different. It's not about opening a new package. I have been working on the same file for months, but suddenly this massage appears when I open the file. It asks me to browse the missing file, but I can't find it on my computer. 

When I close this window and open the file anyway, I got another massage of error: "The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected termbase. Check the Terminology Verifier settings." This appears now for each row that I translate. I have found where those Terminology Verifier settings are, but I don't understand what is wrong there.

Parents Reply Children
  • You should be able to find the source file on your computer, if you were the one who created the SDLXLIFF file. Obviously this won't be possible if you've were sent the SDLXLIF and not created it yourself. Should this be the case, find the SDXLIFF you have been sent (in e-mail for example) and save it in another folder as the one you have problems with. Now open this newly stored SDLLIFF in Studio, the go to File -> Advanced save and chose "Save source as". Save this source file in a location of your choice and close this SDLXLIFF. Now reopen the problematic SDLXLIFF and navigate to where you've stored the source in the previous step. This should be all.
    Should this still not help, just press "NO" when the message appears and translate as usual. In the end you will either deliver the SDLXLIFF to your customer or have a TM for retranslating the source file again.
  • Hello, thanks for your invaluable help. I have exactly the same problem, except that:

1. I received a sdlppx. from a client. The project needs to be delivered as a Post Editing of Machine Translation.

2. I got the "Dependency File not Found Error" as soon as I opened the sdlxliff.

3. I followed the instructions applied to the case I am not the one I created the project, but I keep receiving the same error message.

4. I can work with the file by clicking on the "NO" button, but there is a huge INCONSISTENCY between the file report analysis regarding to the AT segments and the actual size of such segments. For example, the report analysis of the file found about 305 AT segments (the segments that need to be post-edited and what the client wants to pay for), but the file has in fact more than 3000 AT segments.

I would be really grateful if you could give me a clue on this matter.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ana