Activating Bilingual Excel file types???

I am using Trados Studio 2019 and want to translate a bilingual Excel file.

I understand that the priority of the file type needs to be changed in order to do this. However, I can't see how to change the priority. The instructions in the help file are given here: https://docs.sdl.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/SDL%20Trados%20Studio%20Help-v5/GUID-4B092AE2-FB4B-4EB7-8164-2BBF36B6E1E6

It says "Select the Bilingual Excel file type, and then use the Move Up/Move Down buttons to position the Bilingual Excel file type above the Microsoft Excel 2007-2013 file type". But where are the "Move Up/Move Down" buttons? They don't seem to be in the "project settings" > "file types" dialogue.

Anyone know how to activate the bilingual Excel file type?

Thanks!

Parents Reply
  • Neil:

I have followed your instructions (which match a tutorial video on YT) but my SDL Trados insists on NOT using the Bilingual Excel file type, but rather the regular Excel file type.

I went to File -> Options, selected File Types.

Moved Bilingual Excel to the top of the list of Excel file types

Used the preview function to check that my work file would be processed the way I wanted, and the preview looked correct.

Then I go to File -> New -> Project and create the project. But when I select the Excel file to add it to the project, Studio uses "SpreadsheetML" instead of "BilingualExcel" to convert the file.

What am I doing wrong?

emoji
Children