Failure to add terms to TB: "Sequence contains no matching element"

Hi,

I have the newest SDL Trados 2017 (and the newest Multiterm). I have already repaired the two programs and checked for updates.

I am working in a project package from a client but this problem persists with packages from other clients as well: When I try to highlight a source and a target term and click "Add New Term" I get the error message: "Sequence contains no matching element" (see error report attached). Furthermore, Multiterm is not showing the terms that I know are in the termbase when I go to a new segment. It keeps saying "No results available", although I used the same TB just yesterday with no problems.

Opening up a different project package (from a different client) and trying to set the TB's in the Project Settings, I get the other attached error message: "Failed to create setting page". I really don't know what to do here since I don't believe that I have changed any settings before it started making trouble.

I hope you can help me figure out what's wrong. THANKS!

<SDLErrorDetails time="18-01-2019 10:40:38">
  <ErrorMessage>Failed to create setting page.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement</Source>
    <HResult>-2146233079</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement.Settings.ProjectTermbaseSettingsPage.GetControl()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.SettingsUIControl._tree_AfterActivate(Object sender, NodeEventArgs e)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.1.10015.44945</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>LAPTOP-EC1O6MVN\MissHelene</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>LAPTOP-EC1O6MVN</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>8286340 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

<SDLErrorDetails time="18-01-2019 09:59:50">
  <ErrorMessage>Sequence contains no matching element</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>System.Core</Source>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.TerminologySearch.MultitermSearch.Search(String text)
   at Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.TerminologySearch.TermLookup.Lookup(String text)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.EditorTermbaseUtils.LookupTerm(ITermbaseProvider provider, String searchTerm, String source, String target)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.EditorTermbaseUtils.AddTerm(IEditorService editorService, ITranslatableDocument translatableDocument, String sourceText, String targetText)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.AbstractAddNewTermAction.AddTerm()
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.AddNewTerm.Execute()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.StaticAction.Execute()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Error message in SDL Trados Studio stating 'Failed to create setting page' with details of the system environment and exception stack trace.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:18 PM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
  • Hi

I see you have the latest version of studio installed from the error message. But can you confirm you are also running this version of MultiTerm please?

SDL MultiTerm 2017 SR1 - 14.2.7.43908

If you are please try going to View -> Reset Window Layout from the view you are in just before you activate the error.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. I confirm that I have the newest version of MultiTerm that you indicated.

I tried going in to Trados, entering the file, going to one of the non-confirmed segments from which I wanted to add a term. I marked it on both sides and then went to View > Reset Window Layout. After completing that reset, I tried tipping the Add Term shortcut again but got the same error. It is probably relevant to notice that before the error started to occur, I was able to add other terms to the Termbase, one of which was actually present in the segment that I was testing your idea from. However, the Term Recognition field says "No results available" and it also isn't auto-suggested when I write (other than based on TM match fragments - not TB matches).

<SDLErrorDetails time="21-01-2019 09:10:47">
      <ErrorMessage>Sequence contains no matching element</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>System.Core</Source>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.TerminologySearch.MultitermSearch.Search(String text)
       at Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.TerminologySearch.TermLookup.Lookup(String text)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.EditorTermbaseUtils.LookupTerm(ITermbaseProvider provider, String searchTerm, String source, String target)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.EditorTermbaseUtils.AddTerm(IEditorService editorService, ITranslatableDocument translatableDocument, String sourceText, String targetText)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.AbstractAddNewTermAction.AddTerm()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.AddNewTerm.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.StaticAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

What to do?

Thanks!

• Hi

I think you should reset Studio and probably Multiterm to be on the safe side. You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to):

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

Also rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart MultiTerm:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Finally restart Studio and Multiterm and see if you still havr this problem.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub