Translation Memory not working!

Hi,

I have translated a document and now been sent a very similar one with slight updates. Lots of the segments are the same as previously translated yet for some reason my TM is not showing any matches. The only reason I can think of for this is that the font colour is different. Could this be affecting it? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new to Trados. I would be grateful for any easy to follow suggestions of what to do.

Thanks in anticipation for your help!

Parents
  • There might be a few things you may check or do:

1. Ensure that match threshold in project settings is low enough to show matches. Perhaps set it to 50%? The text may seem almost the same to you but if there are a lot of different new tags, they might throw off the matching routines.

Trados Studio project settings window showing Translation section with minimum match value set to 75 and maximum number of hits set to 5.

2. Ensure that the TM you are using is in the latest format. You might need to upgrade.

Trados Studio Translation Memories menu with 'Upgrade Translation Memory' option highlighted.

3. If a TM is used for a long time it might need reindexing

Trados Studio Translation Memory Settings showing the 'Re-index Translation Memory' button under the Fuzzy Index section.

4. Your TM may be somehow damaged. Then it might be a good idea to export the TM to TMX, create a brand new blank TM and re-import the TMX to this newly created TM.

Let me know if any of these worked for you.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:50 AM (GMT 1) on 23 Jul 2024]
  • There might be a few things you may check or do:

1. Ensure that match threshold in project settings is low enough to show matches. Perhaps set it to 50%? The text may seem almost the same to you but if there are a lot of different new tags, they might throw off the matching routines.

Trados Studio project settings window showing Translation section with minimum match value set to 75 and maximum number of hits set to 5.

2. Ensure that the TM you are using is in the latest format. You might need to upgrade.

Trados Studio Translation Memories menu with 'Upgrade Translation Memory' option highlighted.

3. If a TM is used for a long time it might need reindexing

Trados Studio Translation Memory Settings showing the 'Re-index Translation Memory' button under the Fuzzy Index section.

4. Your TM may be somehow damaged. Then it might be a good idea to export the TM to TMX, create a brand new blank TM and re-import the TMX to this newly created TM.

Let me know if any of these worked for you.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:50 AM (GMT 1) on 23 Jul 2024]
Children