How can I make translation memory from excel file? I have source and target ready in excel.

In order to create translation memory I wanted to know the process so that I can create the TM by myself. 

Parents
  • There are many ways to achieve this, but the easiest is probably to open the Excel file in Studio using the Bilingua Excel Filetype.  So make sure that this filetype is above the other Excel filetypes in your options and then open the Excel file in Studio.  This will give you the source on the left and the target on the right as if you had translated it.  Now you just create a Translation Memory, or use an existing one and run a batch task to update your Translation Memory.

Another way would be to use the Glossary Converter on the appstore.  This tool can create a TMX from your Excel filetype.  Once you have the TMX you upgrade it to an SDLTM or import it into an existing Translation Memory.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• There are many ways to achieve this, but the easiest is probably to open the Excel file in Studio using the Bilingua Excel Filetype.  So make sure that this filetype is above the other Excel filetypes in your options and then open the Excel file in Studio.  This will give you the source on the left and the target on the right as if you had translated it.  Now you just create a Translation Memory, or use an existing one and run a batch task to update your Translation Memory.

Another way would be to use the Glossary Converter on the appstore.  This tool can create a TMX from your Excel filetype.  Once you have the TMX you upgrade it to an SDLTM or import it into an existing Translation Memory.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children