Numbers and currency settings for Auto-Substitution -- what is Status?

In Language Pairs > [specific pair] > Auto-Substitution > Numbers and currency, there is a Status column to the right in each Separators column. I haven't been able to figure out what it means, and there is nothing in the Help text about it.

Parents Reply
  • Let me answer that again because I was a bit confused myself so had a play around with  this evening.  The purpose of this status is to provide you with some knowledge to help you protect your TM from getting filled up with TUs created using non-recognised separators.  So for example, if I have two or more TMs attached to a project and the separators are different in each one I'll see something like this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing two sections for configuring separators for numbers and currency with status indicators. Some options have a green check mark, others have a warning triangle.

This time the message telling me this:

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'The separators you configured are not present in all the TMs for the current language pair.'

If I choose to update all the TMs I'd risk polluting one of them as I added a and b to one TM and f and g to another.  Silly separators but I hope it illustrates the point?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 12:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children