Source language different from project source language

I know this is a very basic question but it's driving me nuts!

When I browse for files, to create a new project, I select the files I want (NL-BE or NL-NL to EN-UK) and I always get the error message "The source language of the file is different from the project source language". The project window then opens and I have to go back in and select the files again, once I've changed the source language in that window. 

I can always create the project in the end but can someone please explain to me how I can just pick up EITHER Dutch NL or Dutch BE files and create projects without the faff.

Parents Reply
  • ok... I see your problem now.  I suggest you don't use the welcome view.  That's great for newbies and for "selling" the concept of ease, but actually it carries several disadvantages, particularly for an experienced or busy project manager.

The best way to work (in my opinion) is to use Ctrl+N as this simply brings up the wizard and you can set whatever you need.  If you use the Welcome view it takes the default template to start with until you change it, but this means that as you are trying to add files first you see the error message before you get the chance to change it.  Only a problem with bilingual files... but a problem nonetheless unless you realise what template will be used before you create the project.

Use Ctrl+N.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children