About WIndows 11

Hi there,

Will there be any problems running Studio on Windows 11? Or, should I wait installing it until you have checked this?

Best regards,

Knut

Parents
  • I believe Win 11 production release is due to be released the same week as SR2 which is a few weeks away yet... so good timing!

I have this note from the development team:

" In the initial testing no issues were found with Studio therefore there will be a mention in the release notes around Studio compatibility and Windows 11. "

I would note however that if you are planning to install it now you are doing so prior to the public release.  What's the hurry?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hi Paul. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I see two things:

1) Multiterm won't open a termbase. It displays instead the following message and stops working: "Unable to cast COM object of type
    'Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.TermbaseRepositoryClass■ to interface type Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.ITermbaseRepository-. This operation failed because the Querylnterface call on the COM
    component for the interface with IID '{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E.NOINTERFACE))." .

2) Term Recognition doesn't work in Trados Studio. The message "Searching for terms" is displayed.

Both were working just fine before I upgraded to Windows 11.

• Hi Paul. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I see two things:

1) Multiterm won't open a termbase. It displays instead the following message and stops working: "Unable to cast COM object of type
    'Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.TermbaseRepositoryClass■ to interface type Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.ITermbaseRepository-. This operation failed because the Querylnterface call on the COM
    component for the interface with IID '{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E.NOINTERFACE))." .

2) Term Recognition doesn't work in Trados Studio. The message "Searching for terms" is displayed.

Both were working just fine before I upgraded to Windows 11.

Children