How to export a target file with segment status highlighting

I know two options to export translation for final reading after translation: Export for Bilingual Review and Export files (Target version). 

First one highlights segments depending on their status (100% matches, new translations and etc.) but their structural dependency is lost. Second option exports translation respecting original structure, but segment statuses are lost.

Is there a way to export translation to original document but for example mark new/fuzzy translations with red font?

emoji
Parents
  • there could be lots of scenarios
    ...in case of MS Office area Only..
    ...could have two choices..
    One is modify directly "sdlxliff", I mean add "textColoringTags" onto full segment(s) properly - just like you wanted.
    The other one is somewhat indirect, firstly add "TradosComments" onto full segments and afterward, convert the MSOfficeComments into proper textColoring(or Highlights whatever) you wanted.

emoji
  • How exactly do you add "TradosComments" onto segments in bulk (for example in 4000 segment file)?

emoji
  • (1/2 Style)
    You do not needed Trados Studio
    You need only sdxliff file

Open sdlxliff file using VS

Iterate XElement type "seg-source" and again XElement type "mark".
    When condition meet - i.e. Attribute "mytpe" equals "seg" and another condition "LessThan 100%" then
    add XElement type "mytype" and its value "x-sdl-comment" into each segment you see.
    That is real comments.

Now you add XElement type "cmt-defs" and again XElement type "Comment" for each and every above #2 segment comments
    That is comment definition.

Done

(2/2 Style)
    You have to run Trados Studio firstly
    Of course, needed sdlxliff and sdlproj too

Run Method "ProcessSegmentPairs" under namespace "Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi"

When condition "LessThan 100%" meets add comment through Method "CreateCommentProperties" under namespace "Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.NativeApi"
    and Method "CreateCommentMarker" under namespace "Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi" etc.

Actually above steps #1 and #2 are making a Trados PlugIns using  VS.
    Now, it has made. So, You just Click it Once.

Done

For both of them (Styles), estimated running time should be less than 10 seconds or something in case of 4,000 segments, I guess.
    -Ah, Do not foget MS Word VBA running time. It could consume another 15 secs or something in case of 4,000 segments, I guess.

emoji
  • (1/2 Style)
    You do not needed Trados Studio
    You need only sdxliff file

Open sdlxliff file using VS

Iterate XElement type "seg-source" and again XElement type "mark".
    When condition meet - i.e. Attribute "mytpe" equals "seg" and another condition "LessThan 100%" then
    add XElement type "mytype" and its value "x-sdl-comment" into each segment you see.
    That is real comments.

Now you add XElement type "cmt-defs" and again XElement type "Comment" for each and every above #2 segment comments
    That is comment definition.

Done

(2/2 Style)
    You have to run Trados Studio firstly
    Of course, needed sdlxliff and sdlproj too

Run Method "ProcessSegmentPairs" under namespace "Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi"

When condition "LessThan 100%" meets add comment through Method "CreateCommentProperties" under namespace "Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.NativeApi"
    and Method "CreateCommentMarker" under namespace "Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi" etc.

Actually above steps #1 and #2 are making a Trados PlugIns using  VS.
    Now, it has made. So, You just Click it Once.

Done

For both of them (Styles), estimated running time should be less than 10 seconds or something in case of 4,000 segments, I guess.
    -Ah, Do not foget MS Word VBA running time. It could consume another 15 secs or something in case of 4,000 segments, I guess.

emoji
Children
No Data