The sentence in an excel file is divided into multiple cells and so in numerous segments in the studio

The problem is the source excel file is formatted awkwardly. The sentences are divided among consecutive cells of columns.

The Studio shows the sentences also in split segments. First, we tried to merge segments in Studio, but I understood that the target file would be formatted differently than the source file.

What would be the way for me to tackle such an excel file?

thanks

nika

emoji
Parents Reply
  • This document is a Nightmare.

You have to merge it, all of the segments at pre-translation stage with your own fingers.

This is what I have checked.

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing text segments with different highlight colors indicating manual and automatic merging options.

The first rectangel is to merge two segments "Automatically".
    It is showed you by the same HighlightColor(color itself doesn't matter).

The second (and all the rest) rectangel is to merge segments "Manually".
    It is showed you by the different HighlightColor(color itself doesn't matter).

As I mentioned, you could do it with your own fingers - simply merge it.
    I'll try to find "better" automatical method than now (I mean "mine").. but, it looks like quite negative.
    -and that should be Paid Service.

For your reference,
    you have to check "Allow source editing" when you make your project then you could "Merge" source segments freely.
    - do not check with "Disable merging segments...bulah" of course.
    and do not forget to chech "Read content ordered by column" at "File Type"(for Excel) for sure.

Good Luck To You

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:01 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children