"Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed" leads to crash

I started to get this error message after I tried to set up RWS's private app store in Trados 2022's app management utility. Something went wrong (I believe the address was copied with spaces at the end), and the result now is that every time I start Trados, I get this message, and after a few seconds the program just shuts down. Already tried reinstalling Trados, but the problem persists.
Can anyone help, please?

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

I played around with this a little and I don't believe that spaces is a problem at all.  I tested many times and even tried adding loads of them!

Trados Studio screenshot showing the Private AppStore repository URL field with a URL entered.

Every time STudio works and the only problem is that I get a blank page because the URL is no onger recognised.  So I think it's worth adding a trimmer to the code to remove the blank spaces, but I think the problem  reported was caused by something else that we don't know.

Perhaps Margus can test it again?  And if the problem reoccurs it can probably be solved easily by editing this file:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL Community\AppStore Integration\Settings\settings.json

You can see in my file I now have this:

Screenshot of settings.json file in a text editor with a red arrow pointing to extra spaces in the repository URL.

So I can delete the spaces and restart Studio.  But I really doubt this is the problem.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:09 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children