Neither xml nor Multilingual XML deliver desired result

I enclose here a zip file with the source document from the customer. This document is a xliff file. After having copied all source to target (in Studio, simply opening a file for translation), I created a file type. //* is not translatable, //target always translatable, structure: paragraph. Embedded content processing in CDATA and Paragraph using HTML 5. When the file is being stored as target, many tags are added behind the target segments:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a segment of an xliff file with CDATA sections and multiple tags such as ept id, bpt id, and ept id, indicating complex embedded content.

This will not import properly in customer system.

So I tried Multilingual XML. However, when I use embedded content in CDATA, only a very small part of the file is being read for translation. When I select all paragraphs, the HTML embedded content processor does not work at all.

The corresponding project and the source file are attached here as ZIP. What is wrong here? From what I remember the //* //target approach has worked always properly in previous versions of Studio.

20220330 xliff ES_1.zip

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:44 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data