XLF file: source copied to target, Trados takes both in source column

Hello,

I need to process an xlf file in Trados Studio, but it has the <target> filled with the <source> content. Like this:

XML code snippet showing a trans-unit with identical source and target text 'Simplify print services access with direct connectivity'.

I created a new filetype, but no matter the settings, the source is duplicated in Trados, like this:

Trados Studio interface displaying duplicated source and target text 'Simplify print services access with direct connectivity' in the translation grid.

Trados Studio filetype configuration highlighting the 'target' rule set to 'Always translatable' in the rules list.

How can I do so that only the <target> lines are shown in Trados?

I have Trados 2021 SR1.

Thank you.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:45 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I tried both before creating a new filetype, the XLIFF and the multilingual filetypes. They didn't work.

This is clearly because you have not set this up correctly... or because you are trying to use the preview feature in the settings to prove it works which won't work.  I used this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <xliff xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1." version="1.2" >
      <file>
        <body>
         <trans-unit id="1.1.1.1.1">
          <source>First sentence &#xA0; and text</source>
          <target>Première phrase &#xA0; et texte</target>
         </trans-unit>
         <trans-unit id="1.1.2.1.1">
          <source>Advanced connectivity suite to empower workplace&#xA0;flexibility</source>
          <target>Une suite de connectivité avancée pour renforcer la flexibilité&#xA0;du&#xA0;lieu&#xA0;de&#xA0;travail.</target>
         </trans-unit>
        </body>
      </file>
    </xliff>

And get this using the Multilingual XML filetype:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a side-by-side comparison of source and target text in the Multilingual XML FileType editor.

I used these settings:

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Language Mapping settings with English (United States) set as source and French (France) set as target.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:46 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children