Microsoft Word Spell Check not working

Hello,

I'm a translator working with Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 16.2.12.9338 and GS 2020 SR1 CU04.
At our place of work, we have Office 365. Everything is completely up to date.
A while ago, Microsoft Word Spell Check stopped working in Studio. Only for me - my colleagues with the exact same set-up, do not have this problem.

When I try to select Microsoft Word Spell Check instead of Hunspell, I get this error message:
"Unable to select spell checker extension.
Unable to locate if Microsoft Word is installed on this machine."

The spell check works just fine in Word!

Can you help me resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Emma

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

There is always pressure when something suddenly fails, sorry you are going through this now.

I understood that the issue at hand is the need to check translations for spelling or grammatical mistakes. Pointing out an alternative seemed quite on-topic.

I don't know whether the issue is isolated, but if you do a search on this forum, you will see numerous entries in connection with integrating MS Word functionality. Furthermore, I see no such entries in connection with LT, which has an API to support just that: Integration into other applications.

Integrating MS Word functionality in Trados Studio often seemed to depend on which installer was used for the MS software, i.e. which package type was purchased.

As for "official" Trados people getting involved - they often do in this forum! But it's not an official RWS product support forum. You have to submit a support request for that. Not sure whether AppStore plugins are supported, or just the core product. You'd have to find out.

Daniel

emoji
Children