The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

I got a number of error message while working in the latest Trads Studio 2022 revision and those errors, while not crashing my work, are puzzling me as I was not trying to save any bilingual.

Note than the second message related to the bilingual file popped up over the first one a minute later while I was looking for documentationError dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 stating 'Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:12 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
  •  

I haven't come across this one before.  Can you save the full error stack and share it?  Click on the small disk and then attach it to the thread:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with message: Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Just popped up again and I got the error message

Paul

<SDLErrorDetails time="01/11/2022 13:55:38">
      <ErrorMessage>Failed to save bilingual as : The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
    </ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.IO.IOException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>mscorlib</Source>
        <HResult>-2147024579</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
       at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileWriter.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.SaveBilingualImpl(String[] bilingualFilePaths, Boolean copy, IJobExecutionContext context, Boolean isAutoSaved)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SaveBilingualAsJobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.JobExecuter.Execute(JobData jobData)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.0.4.13209</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>LAPT4\paulp</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>LAPT4</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>16615612 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Still bugging me quite often, hopefully without preventing to keep working most of the time.

<SDLErrorDetails time="04/11/2022 17:01:45">
      <ErrorMessage>Failed to save bilingual as : The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
    </ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.IO.IOException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
       at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileWriter.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.Complete()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.SaveBilingualImpl(String[] bilingualFilePaths, Boolean copy, IJobExecutionContext context, Boolean isAutoSaved)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SaveBilingualAsJobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.JobExecuter.Execute(JobData jobData)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • It is getting worse

I could not update my TM

<SDLErrorDetails time="06/11/2022 13:28:16">
      <ErrorMessage>The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
    </ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <HelpLink />
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Util.CopyFile(String sourceFilePath, String targetFilePath)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.LanguageFile.DownloadFileVersion(FileVersion xmlFileVersion, String downloadRootFolder)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.FileRevision.Download(String downloadRootFolder)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Initialize(String targetFilePath)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Execute()
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.RunFileExecuter(Object state)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.RunFileExecuter(TaskFileExecuter currentFileExecuter, Boolean allowMultiThreading)
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.RunTaskFileExecutors()
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.Execute()
       at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.AutomaticTaskExecuter.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Thanks  

Can you provide any details on how you're working?  So what's the workflow... does it involve working with files from others... are you using comments... is there anything about how you are managing or manipulating the files that might be different from a simple project process following textbook instruction... where are your files saved... etc?

Nothing wrong with doing anything different so I'm not looking to find a way out... rather just understand if anything you are doing might be the trigger for an error like this so we can investigate it.  Being able to reproduce problems is important to be able to fix them.

emoji
  •  

Also... does this happen with every project you work on or just some specific ones?  What kind of projects are they?

emoji
  • I've encountered the same problem for the first time today, after I confirmed a segment. And then again and again, each time I confirmed a segment. And on these occasions, I could not refresh the preview.

Closing and reopening Trados Studio solved the issue... but I expect it to reoccur at another random moment, since it has also happened to many of my colleagues (at the Government of Canada) in the last few days, apparently at random moments, and for various apparently unrelated tasks.

PROBABLE CAUSE:

I have been using Windows 11 AND Trados Studio 2022 without problem for a couple of weeks, and now the problem occurred right after my computer automatically installed Windows update 22H2. I guess that must be the source of the problem.

P.S. I use a French interface, so the message I got is this:

Error message in Trados Studio with a red X icon, stating 'Le texte du message associe au numero 0x1 est introuvable dans le fichier de messages pour %2.' in French, which translates to 'The message text associated with number 0x1 is not found in the message file for %2.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • P.P.S. Here is a screenshot of the error stack, from one of the ten instances of a similar problem I just encountered (I changed my computer and network data for security reasons):

Screenshot of Trados Studio error stack with a message 'This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.' followed by error details including 'System.Exception' and 'IOException'.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • And then the error window that appears when I try to refresh the file preview:
    Error window in Trados Studio displaying message: 'The text of the message associated with error number 0x%1 is not found in the message file for %2.' with OK button. 

With the following error stack:

XML error details showing a stack trace with multiple file paths and error codes related to Trados Studio file type support and framework integration.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Paul,

Some update on the issue on my side.

I have been nagged more and more frequently, when saving a file or adding a new term within Studio. One time, I got a full hangout and had to kill Studio.

Any local projects, not one in particular. 

I just closed Studio because I could not add a new term and started again and I could add the new term.

Hopefully a solution will be found.

emoji