The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

I got a number of error message while working in the latest Trads Studio 2022 revision and those errors, while not crashing my work, are puzzling me as I was not trying to save any bilingual.

Note than the second message related to the bilingual file popped up over the first one a minute later while I was looking for documentationError dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 stating 'Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:12 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  It's 22H2 as well.

There are two updates but they both have that code:
    2022-11 Mise à jour cumulative pour Windows 11 Version 22H2 pour les systèmes x64 (KB5019980)
    2022-11 Mise à jour cumulative pour .NET Framework 3.5 pour et 4.8.1 pour Windows 11, version 22H2 pour les systèmes x64 (KB5020622)

emoji
  • Are there any news regarding this issue? More and more Studio users are having this bug in our organization and it´s becoming worrisome and very frustrating. As indicated before, it would seem that the problem start after the forced install of the Windows update in their work computers. 
    The only suggested solution that has been offered by RWS is to try a checkdisk (chkdsk) on the computer, but we have not been able to try it yet due to an admin rights issue.  
    We have all kinds of issue variations:

Inability to create projects (have to try many times until it works)

Trados Studio task results window showing an error message stating 'The file at location C:Users...docx does not exist' under Convert to Translatable Format.

Inability to generate the target (have to try many times until it works)
    Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a message in French indicating that the text associated with error number 0x1 is not found in the message file for %2.
    Getting an %2 error message when trying to save as target or generate a preview. It's very inconsistent. So to save your text as a Word file, you might have to hit "Save target as" multiple times until you don't get an error message.
    Could somebody investigate or escalate the issue?
    Thanks.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Additional update – I got this new one today, at the first step of project creation: 
    Error message in Trados Studio during project creation stating 'Failure to add file to project. The text associated with error number 0x%1 is not found in the message file for %2. Click OK to continue adding remaining files or Cancel to stop the procedure.' with Yes and No buttons.

However, in that case, I had no option to display more technical information or to save the “error stack”, as   called it.

I tried several times, since the “0x%1” error often solves itself within a few seconds, but to no avail... but it worked right after I closed MS Word (ever though it is a PowerPoint file); I closed it because I saw I had several processes of the software open, and I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I guess that may be worth mentioning.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:13 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]