The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

I got a number of error message while working in the latest Trads Studio 2022 revision and those errors, while not crashing my work, are puzzling me as I was not trying to save any bilingual.

Note than the second message related to the bilingual file popped up over the first one a minute later while I was looking for documentationError dialog box in Trados Studio 2022 stating 'Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.' with Knowledge Base and Community buttons.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:12 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I haven't come across this one before.  Can you save the full error stack and share it?  Click on the small disk and then attach it to the thread:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with message: Failed to save bilingual as: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • I've encountered the same problem for the first time today, after I confirmed a segment. And then again and again, each time I confirmed a segment. And on these occasions, I could not refresh the preview.

Closing and reopening Trados Studio solved the issue... but I expect it to reoccur at another random moment, since it has also happened to many of my colleagues (at the Government of Canada) in the last few days, apparently at random moments, and for various apparently unrelated tasks.

PROBABLE CAUSE:

I have been using Windows 11 AND Trados Studio 2022 without problem for a couple of weeks, and now the problem occurred right after my computer automatically installed Windows update 22H2. I guess that must be the source of the problem.

P.S. I use a French interface, so the message I got is this:

Error message in Trados Studio with a red X icon, stating 'Le texte du message associe au numero 0x1 est introuvable dans le fichier de messages pour %2.' in French, which translates to 'The message text associated with number 0x1 is not found in the message file for %2.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • I've encountered the same problem for the first time today, after I confirmed a segment. And then again and again, each time I confirmed a segment. And on these occasions, I could not refresh the preview.

Closing and reopening Trados Studio solved the issue... but I expect it to reoccur at another random moment, since it has also happened to many of my colleagues (at the Government of Canada) in the last few days, apparently at random moments, and for various apparently unrelated tasks.

PROBABLE CAUSE:

I have been using Windows 11 AND Trados Studio 2022 without problem for a couple of weeks, and now the problem occurred right after my computer automatically installed Windows update 22H2. I guess that must be the source of the problem.

P.S. I use a French interface, so the message I got is this:

Error message in Trados Studio with a red X icon, stating 'Le texte du message associe au numero 0x1 est introuvable dans le fichier de messages pour %2.' in French, which translates to 'The message text associated with number 0x1 is not found in the message file for %2.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children